- It is with much sadness that we announce the passing of one of our oldest board members and unit holders, Chiswell D. Langhorne, Jr. Mr. Langhorne died peacefully at his home in Washington, D.C. on October 12, 2018, surrounded by his family. Mr. Langhorne was universally admired by all who had the privilege to work with him, and he will be most ardently missed.
- KRP recently completed the purchase of a large industrial site in Perry County, Kentucky and is in the process of making it available to potential industries or businesses. KRP hopes this effort will add to the creation of well paid, secure jobs for the citizens of Perry and the surrounding counties.
- Wetland Mitigation Bank Credits – KRP has completed the creation of a wetland mitigation bank site in Muhlenberg County, located on the Pond River. This site will allow for the replacement of unavoidable impacts to existing wetlands at another location. KRP currently has fifty-four (54) credits available to the public for purchase, with a total of 194 which will be available over time. KRP is working to establish a second bank site in Indiana and hope this site will have credits available by the end of 2019.
- KRP has completed the signing of a solar array lease with Invenergy Solar Development North America. The lease covers three separate sites for which Invenergy is currently working to implement into their current schedule. KRP hopes to see the construction of it’s first solar installation within the next couple of years.
- KRP has been working in conjunction with Dr. Rick Honaker of the University of Kentucky Mining Engineering Department to commercially develop rare earth elements (REE) from Eastern Kentucky coal resources. For the past several year, the efforts have focused upon seeking to identify and quantify potential deposits of Rare Earth Minerals associated with the coal seams and surrounding strata and to develop cost effective techniques to extract and separate the Rare Earth Minerals. Dr. Honaker’s work continues under current US DOE/NETL grants to which reference is made for more technical details.